Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Tiny Break

Hello folks,

Today I leave to go back to Berlin, so that is the reason that I haven't really had time the past few days to post. But don't worry! I have a lot of blog topics in mind that I intend to write on the plane. When I get to Berlin, my Mom is going to be with me, so I'm going to have to do a bunch of Touristy things for the next week on top of my imminent Jetlag. So in light of all that, please cut me some slack for the upcoming lack of posts!

I'm just going to write something quick right now, for it is about 9am in the morning the day of my flight, and I haven't packed a single thing. Whoops.


The other day, I got a little letter in the mail from my dear friend Amanda. I had been expecting it, for she owed me some money, but when it finally arrived, it just made me so happy to see that she had taken the time to write a little letter along with it! In the age of electronic deposits, emails, and even blogs, we often forget how sentimental receiving and writing an actual letter is. So, to keep it short and sweet, I challenge every one of my readers this week to actually write AND send a letter. It can be long, short, written with pretty colors of ink, written with pencil, a post card, a thank you note, a "get well soon" card, a "i can never turn down a challenge" card...

It doesn't really matter what it is or how long it is. But I promise it will make someone's day.


Unless you opted for the "blackmail" card... I don't suggest that one.

Until next time:
HBP



1 comment:

  1. I've already made the thank you card for boyfriend's parents (we're going there for Easter weekend) and just sent my parents one for hosting us over break. I realized back in college the value of a tangible expression of appreciation, and make a point to send them out as often as possible. My newest joy is handmade cards with my shiny new alphabet stamps. Glad you were on the receiving end of some tangible love, and safe travels back to Berlin!! :)

    ReplyDelete